Sales Support Manager & Sales Team Assistant
Knowledge Unlatched is one of the innovators of scholarly publishing. It offers a digital platform for the funding and dissemination of academic books and journals. Award-winning Knowledge Unlatched partners with university libraries and publishers to establish a sustainable publishing model, which makes the best research publications freely accessible to students and scholars worldwide. Learn more about us and our mission at www.knowledgeunlatched.org.
We are looking for you to support Knowledge Unlatched in building our position in the digital publishing landscape. You will help to make our over 450 library partners around the world happy supporters of Knowledge Unlatched and Open Access more generally. With your 3-5 years’ experience in the media industry, you understand our clients’ needs and you can help us to continuously meet their expectations.
What you’ll be doing:
75% of your time will be focused on customer and sales support.
- Support our existing customer base in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific
- Work together with the sales team to make the implementation of Knowledge Unlatched a success
- Provide implementation support and ensure all our customers are familiar with the functionalities of our digital platform as well as our business models.
- Interact with our customers on the library and publisher side, provide them with helpful feedback, necessary documentations and reports.
- Create and maintain valuable long-term relationships with our customers. You’ll be working closely together with staff members from the world’s leading academic libraries and scholarly publishing houses.
25% of your time will include administrative work for the KU management and sales team.
- Provide administrative support for the KU team on a day-to-day basis.
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, invoices, reports and emails and make sure everybody is literally on the same page.
- Arrange appointments and travel plans so our sales team gets a foot in the door of our customers.
What we’re looking for:
- You have a BA or MA with excellent notes.
- You have a good understanding of the media business and the publishing world, which helps you to understand the needs of our customers quickly.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and you easily interact and build relationships with others.
- You speak excellent English.
- You are outgoing, positive and friendly and can cope with stressful situations.
- Previous work experience in customer or sales support is a big plus.
What we offer:
- A professional, dynamic, and creative team that positively impacts the academic publishing world.
- Flat hierarchies and excellent opportunities for your professional development.
- To work for a small enterprise means shaping the company from the very start, to accept responsibility, to learn from failures, to manage flexibility, and to enjoy an ambitious work environment.
We are looking forward to you joining the KU team. Please apply with your CV and your salary expectation at firstname.lastname@example.org.